Nannie Inez is an Austin destination for interior designers and clientele from around the world. Nannie Inez empowers self-expression by bringing the best design to your home. Good design enhances life, from the small everyday objects to pieces you will enjoy forever. Our collection includes contemporary Danish furniture, luxurious French textiles, thought-provoking Swedish art, refined Japanese office accessories, and innovative American craftsmanship.
We’re looking for a dynamic, proactive sales lead to join our growing residential and interior design sales team. This position supports the Nannie Inez mission by giving excellent customer service, driving sales and maintaining client relationships. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess a high level of emotional intelligence and will contribute to Nannie Inez’s mission, culture and values.
About the Role
- - Meets and exceeds sales goals by developing client relationships, preparing quotes, following up and closing sales to both residential and trade clients.
- - Identifies new business opportunities and grows the Nannie Inez customer base through focused outreach to the residential and trade community.
- - Is able to proactively maintain and stay up-to-date on product knowledge for multiple brands.
- - Ensures all store maintenance, floor models, material samples and sales materials are flawlessly maintained and current.
- - Ensures Nannie Inez visual standards (i.e. filling holes/paint touch-ups on walls, restocking floor items, maintain price labels on floor items, daily cleaning standards) are maintained.
- - Monitors and reports daily, weekly and monthly personal sales goals.
- - Adheres to Nannie Inez internal culture of fostering open communication and building professional relationships between all co-workers.
- - Protects company assets and practice effective security measures.
- - Actively participates in promotional meetings to develop new, creative promotions that enhance the customer experience and help achieve store goals.
- - Maintains confidentiality of customer information.
- - Participates in the preparation of and execution of physical inventories. Perform cycle counts regularly.
- - Supports Nannie Inez online business (corresponding with customers, packing online orders, international orders etc.).
- - Is an ambassador for Nannie Inez.
- - Previous experience with the design community or prior retail sales experience with luxury goods. Experience selling custom high-end furniture a plus.
- - Proven ability to exceed sales goals.
- - Professional, outgoing, confident, capable of an upbeat presentation of our products.
- - Outstanding customer service skills.
- - Experience with a POS system and proficient on the computer.
- - Experience expediting international orders.
- - Degree in sales/business management a plus.
- - A refined aesthetic sensibility.
- - Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds. Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items for a short distance. Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool.
Additional Skills —
- - Versed in project management platforms: Basecamp, Asana, etc.
- - Versed in basic computer platforms: Mac OS, G Suite, Microsoft, Adobe, Quickbooks, etc.